Monday, 25 July 2011

weekly nails 002

I've seen this 'ombre nails' technique on a few blogs recently so thought I would give it a try myself. I think they turned out really well for a first attempt, Im so pleased with them!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I used:
Topshop's 'Mover & Shaker' £5
Barry M's 'Crackle Effects' £4
MUA 'Blue' £1

-I love Topshop nail varnish because if you need to be quick, one coat will be perfectly fine and it dries so quickly. I also love the amount of gorgeous colours Topshop offer!

-Barry M nail varnishes are very good, however this instant effect nail varnish has to dry so quickly when on the nail it tends to come out really thick and gloopy, but it still manages to leave a good effect!

-This MUA nail varnish was only £1 therefore I wasnt expecting the best nail varnish in the world and I was right because to achieve an even, bold colour you need at least 3 layers of this!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. i love this !
    fantastic nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ombre nails seem to be everywhere at the minute :) I haven't seen this technique though - only the one with a slightly different shade on each finger, fading out to darker
    I like this one though - definitely going to give it a go

    Alex
    Little Humble Fashion Abode

    ReplyDelete